Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where Are My New Features Sony?

It has been quite some time since the last major update to the PS3. Back in June of 2010 3.40 was released but since then It's been small updates like security improvements and various TV players. Sony really needs to implement some new features for the Playstation 3 community. Features like cross game chat have been begged for for years now. I hope that with all this buzz about the NGP (PSP2) that sony doesn't forget about updating the PS3 and keeping it fresh. I don't mean another video service app or slight reworkings of features currently present like the photo gallery, I want new shit. Custom soundtracks for every game, in game internet browsing, a more intuitive messaging system, more detailed PSN IDs, better socail networking implementation, pc-ps3 video chat, email integration or live news ticker. While I'm at it, Sony, PLEASE PLEASE make a usb UMD player so that people who have invested in the PSP early on and have stacks and piles of UMD games dont feel as cheated by the fact that the PSPGO and the NGP don't have UMD slots. In addition to that people who dont have a PSP will be able to experience PSP titles and may want to invest in a PSPGO or NGP.

3 comments:

  1. Yo cross game chat is a myth. I don't think Sony will ever do it, if they do it will be with the PS4. But that shit about a UMD player would be dope. I would love to be able to experience some of my psp games on a big screen. Also why didn't they put a UMD slot on the psp2?(I refuse to call it the NGP. FUCK THAT!) I'm not a big fan of downloading games, I actually like to own the disc, but whatever. BTW, fuck the pspgo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah forgot. What ever happened to the days of backwards compability? Those days were the shit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah dude UMD player would be cool, I wanna see it happen. But there is no UMD slot on the PSP2 because It's a dead format and on top of that it takes up a lot of space and eats up the battery to run UMDs. So hopefully these "NVG"cards that the PSP2 uses will be more efficient to run so we can get a good battery life with the PSP2. LOL yeah the days of backwards compatibility were sweet but i got all the BC i need my PS3 plays PS2 games, so I'm all set.

    ReplyDelete