Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Dope Rap Verses

This is just a list of some of my favorite rap verses. It's not all verses I like or all that I can think of but its a few I like the most. The format is Artist, Album, Song (additional info). 


#1 Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP - Amityville.

That's why the city is filled with a bunch of fucking idiots still (still)
That's why the first motherfucker poppin some shit he gets killed (killed)
That's why we don't call it Detroit, we call it Amityville ('Ville)
You can get capped after just having a cavity filled (filled)
Ahahahaha, that's why we're crowned the murder capital still (still)
This ain't Detroit, this is motherfucking Hamburger Hill! (Hill!)
We don't do drivebys, we park in front of houses and shoot
and when the police come we fucking shoot it out with them too!
That's the mentality here (here) that's the reality here (here)
Did I just hear somebody say they wanna challenge me here?? (huh?)
While I'm holding a pistol with this many calibres here?? (here??)
Got some registration and just made this shit valid this year? (year?)
Cause once i snap i cant be held accountable for my actions
and that's when accidents happen,
when a thousand bullets come at your house
and collapse the foundation around and they found you
and your family in it (AH!)
GOT DAMNIT HE MEANT IT WHEN HE TELLS YOU


#2  GZA - Liquid Swords - Shadowboxin'

When my mind start to clickin, and the strategy
Is mastered the plot thickens, this be that wu shit
I don't give a cotten-pickin fuck
About a brother tryin to size a nigga up, I hold my own
Hard-hat protect your dome
Look at mama baby boy actin like he grown
No time for sleep, I gets deep as a baritone
Killa bee, that be holdin down his honeycomb, loungin son
Wu brother number one, protect your neck
Flying guillotines here they come, bloody bastards
Hard times and killer tactics, spittin words plus
Semi-automatic slurs, peep the graphic
Novel from the genie bottle, hit the clutch
Shift the gear now, full throttle, time to bungee
To the next episode, I keeps it grungy
Hand on my nutsac, and spittin lung-ghies
At a wack nigga dat, don't understand the fact
When it come to rza tra-cks I don't know how to act
Real rap from the stat, killa hill projects
How to be exact, break it down
All and together now
Things are getting good looking better now

#3  Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP - Bitch Please || (this is Xzibit, i enjoy the whole song but this verse is intense)

I’m the head nigga in charge, I’m watchin you move You’re found dead in your garage, with ten o’clock news coverage Gotta love it, cause I expose the facade Your little lungs is too small to hotbox with god All jokes aside, come bounce with us Standin over you with a twelve gauge, about to bust It’s like ashes to ashes and dust to dustI might leave in the bodybag, but never in cuffs So who do you trust? they just not rugged enough When things get rough I’m in the club shootin with puff Bitch, please - you must have a mental disease Assume the position and get back down on your knees - c’mon.


#4 Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 1 - Dance With The Devil (Last verse, i was gonna choose a couple verses but they are really long so i just went with the last one)

Right before he pulled the trigger, and ended her life
he thought about the cocaine with the platinum and ice
and he felt strong standing along with his new brothers
cocked the gat to her head, and pulled back the shirt cover
but what he saw made him start to cringe and stutter
'cause he was staring into the eyes of his own mother
she looked back at him and cried, cause he had forsaken her
she cried more painfully, than when they were raping her
his whole world stopped, he couldn't even contemplate
his corruption had succesfully changed his fate
and he remembered how his mom used to come home late
working hard for nothing, cause now what was he worth
he turned away from the woman that had once given him birth
and crying out to the sky cause he was lonely and scared
but only the devil responded, cause God wasn't there
and right then he knew what it was to be empty and cold
and so he jumped off the roof and died with no soul
they say death take you to a better place but I doubt it
after that they killed his mother, and never spoke about it
and listen cause the story that I'm telling is true
'cause I was there when Billy Jacobs and I raped his mom too
and now the devil follows me everywhere that I go
in fact I'm sure he's standing among one of you at my shows
and every street cipher listening to little thugs flow
he could be standing right next to you, and you wouldn't know
the devil grows inside the hearts of the selfish and wicked
white, brown, yellow and black color is not restricted
you have a self destructive destiny when you're inflicted
and you'll be one of God's children that fell from the top
there's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot
so when the devil wants to dance with you, you better say never
because a dance with the devil might last you forever

#5 Wu Tang Clan - Enter The Wu Tang (36 Chambers) - Da Mystery of Chessboxin' (This is the one and only ODB, I chose this cause its hilarious and its a dope verse)

Here I go, deep type flow
Jacque Cousteau could never get this low..
I'm cherry bombing shits... BOOM
Just warming up a little bit, vroom vroom
Rappinin is what's happening
Keep the pockets stacked and then, hands clapping and
At the party when I move my body
Gotta get up, and be somebody!
Grab the microphone go straight to the phone
DUH-DUH-DUH...enter the Wu-Tang zone
Sure enough when I rock that stuff
Guff puff? I'm gonna catch your bluff tough
rough, kicking rhymes like Jim Kelly
or Alex Haley I'm a Mi-..Beetle Bailey rhymes
coming raw style, hardcore
Niggas be coming to the hip-hop store
Coming to buy grocery from me
Trying to be a hip-hop MC
The law, in order to enter the Wu-Tang
You must bring the Ol' Dirty Bastard type slang
Represent the GZA, Abbott, RZA, Shaquan, Inspectah Deck
Dirty Hoe getting low with his flow
Introducing, the Ghost..face.. Killer!!
No one could get iller


That's not all the verses I wanted to include in this blog but I'm just gonna make it a series so I don't have one super long post. Trust me there's A LOT more that I wanted to add to this list, i'll just have to do it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment